In October 1998 Jonathan Harold weighed only 2 pounds and 7 ounces after being born 3 months early at Mercy Medical Center. In 2017, as a senior of Lake High School in Uniontown, OH and a member of National Honor Society, he decided to create an event to give back to the NICU that took care of him.
Since 2017, the fundraiser continues to expand thanks to Lake High School baseball coach Joe Anderson and members of Lake High School National Honor Society. All proceeds are donated to benefit neonatal care and maternity services.
Baseball For Babies
Akron Children's Hospital; Cleveland Clinic Mercy Hospital
40+ Team Commitment
Akron Children's Hospital; Mercy Medical Center
Mercy Medical Center
Mercy Medial Center
WHY ARE THERE FEES WHEN DONATING?
In order to maximize the amount of money being donated and allow more people to participate, we decided to utilize the GiveButter Platform to collect money rather than collecting in person. With that being said, you may notice fees when donating for credit card processing and tips to support the GiveButter Platform. Unfortunately to remove these features it requires additional monthly costs or increases the current fee from 0% to 5%. Donations including tips and fees help maximize the amount of money being donated but can be edited while making your donation if you did not want to cover the fees. Any donation is appreciated!
CREATE YOUR OWN EVENT
We believe anyone, anywhere, should be able to use any type of sporting event to raise money for the NICU of their choice.
Give you all of the tools needed to raise money and run your event online.
Work with you to help support your event any way we can. If there is anything you are looking to do in-person we will help provide resources the best we can.
Work with your hospital of choice to set up and donate all event proceeds.
Provide all information to set up online donations.
Run the event. We will provide the link to collect donations online and can help find resources to support your in-person event.
** Process is subject to change as Balling for Babies expands. Always open to suggestions.**
1. Fill out the form below. Do not worry if you have all of the information at this time, just do the best you can, and we will fill in the blanks later.
2. Once information is confirmed with the coordinator, we will set the event up on the GiveButter Platform to receive donations. (See "Baseball for Babies 2021" in the Event History section to see what event looks like on GiveButter)
3. Your event will be placed in our upcoming events section and be available to receive donations.
4. You hold the event and choose when to stop collecting donations.
5. Confirmation is sent after final amount is donated to the hospital of your choice.
6. Your Event will be archived in the "Past Events Section" of the Balling For Babies Website